When you need to hire a local firm of bathroom fitters, you might ask friends and family members for recommendations.
Even if you do get some companies suggested to you, it’s still wise to do your own research and ask them the following questions first.
1. Will you do all the tiling as well as plumbing work?
Some smaller bathroom fitting companies may do all the necessary plumbing and installation work themselves then sub-contract the tiling and flooring work to another tradesperson.
If you don’t know the tiler they plan to use, you may want to meet them first, or perhaps source your own tiler to carry out the work.
2. Can I have your quote in writing?
3. Is it possible to see other bathrooms you’ve fitted?
4. Will you dispose of my old bathroom suite?
5. Will I still have access to the toilet while you’re working?
Some people choose just to move out when they’re having a new bathroom fitted so they can shower and go to the toilet as normal in someone else’s house.
It may be possible to still have access to your toilet while your bathroom is being fitted, but beware it may not be plumbed in the whole time, so you may have to flush it with buckets of water.